Intimacy from the Inside Out
Intimacy from the Inside Out (IFIO) is an experiential model developed by Toni Herbine-Blank in which the concepts of IFS have been transferred into a relationship setting in order to use the intimate relationship itself as an opportunity for growth for the individual as well as for the relationship.
As in IFS, IFIO assumes that each of us has access to an inner spiritual presence that supports the notion that we are resilient and have inner resources of self-love and self-regulation. IFIO helps us make sense of our experiences in the relationship in a safe and collaborative way.
From Heart to Heart
In IFIO, each individual in the relationship is invited into a process that leads to a self-compassionate and safe relationship with themselves. This then makes it possible to stay connected to oneself and one's partner even in times of stress and relationship crisis. The application of the model moves between supporting inner bonding work and relationship work between the partners.
Inviting exploration of each partner's individual inner life helps couples envision a lively dance that includes: Good communication, repairing inevitable ruptures, making space for the needs of both individuals as well as the relationship, and exploring an authentic, heartfelt connection.
IFIO Post-Advanced Practitioner
I have completed the IFIO Basic, Advanced & Post-Advanced Training in IFS Couples Therapy with Toni Herbine-Blank. As an IFIO Post-Advanced Practitioner I offer IFIO sessions in English and German. As a staff member for the IFIO Training I assist others in learning the IFIO model.
- IFIO Post-Advanced Training: Shame, Reactivity and the Brain, Toni Herbine-Blank & John Palmer
- IFIO Staff Training, Nancy Wonder & Kate Lingren
- Staff: IFIO Basic Training in IFS Couples Therapy, Toni Herbine-Blank, Nancy Wonder & Robin Warsh
- IFIO Advanced Training in IFS Couples Therapy, Toni Herbine-Blank
- IFIO Basic Training in IFS Couples Therapy, Toni Herbine-Blank, Kate Lingren & Ann Drouilhet
- IFS, Healing Shame & Shaming, Dr. Martha Sweezy
- IFS, Exploring Power and Sexuality, Kay Gardner
- IFS and Self-led Sexuality, Patricia Rich
- IFS and Couples, Dr. Richard Schwartz
- The Healing Power of Relationships, Summit, Terry Real
- Attachment, Trauma and Sexuality: Coming Home to the True Self, Ariel Giarretto
- Healing Narcism and Codependency, Dr. Carista Luminare & Lion Goodman
- Five Keys to a Secure and Passionate Relationship, Dr. Carista Luminare & Lion Goodman
Individual and relationship coaching is of non-medical nature. This includes in particular help in working through and overcoming social, relational, emotional and individual conflicts, as long as these are not pathological. My coaching offer does not replace medical, psychotherapeutic or psychiatric diagnosis and treatment by a medical doctor, psychotherapist or psychiatrist. Please consult your medical doctor in case of doubt.