Internal Family Systems
Internal Family Systems (IFS) helps to achieve inner harmony and to find access to the inner resource of the Self. Appreciation, mindfulness and Self-leadership play a central role in this process. The IFS model was developed by Dr. Richard Schwartz and allows clients to gently and respectfully explore their inner life, which is a natural state of multiple personality parts. With IFS, we learn to have a dialogue with our parts and build a relationship with them while at the same time no longer identifying with any part.
The Self, Our Inner Resource
The basic assumption of the IFS model is that every human being, regardless of circumstances or events experienced, has at its core an inner being that can be called our inner, true essence. From this unclouded Self flows a never-ending resource of love and self-compassion. The IFS model supports access and trust to the inner essence, the Self, through whose inherent qualities the internal system of body, mind and spirit can self-regulate.
- To achieve balance and harmony within the internal system.
- To strengthen the Self so it can be an effective leader in the system.
- When the Self is in the lead, the parts will provide input to the Self but will respect the leadership and ultimate decision making of the Self.
- All parts will exist and lend talents that reflect their non-extreme intentions.
Certified IFS Level 3 Practitioner
At the IFS Institute I have completed the IFS Trainings Level 1-3 and the IFS Certification Process. As a Certified IFS Level 3 Practitioner I offer IFS sessions in English and German. I am also trained in Somatic IFS and IFS Couples Therapy Intimacy from the Inside Out. As a Program Assistant for IFS and IFIO Trainings I support others in learning the IFS and IFIO model.
- Program Assistant: IFS Level 2 Training: Intimacy from the Inside Out, IFIO Basic Training in IFS Couples Therapy with Toni Herbine-Blank, Nancy Wonder & Robin Warsh
- Somatic IFS Training with Susan McConnell
- Program Assistant: IFS Level 1 Training with Einat Bronstein
- IFIO Advanced Training in IFS Couples Therapy with Toni Herbine-Blank
- IFS Level 2 Training: Intimacy from the Inside Out, IFIO Basic Training in IFS Couples Therapy with Toni Herbine-Blank, Kate Lingren & Ann Drouilhet
- IFS Level 3 Training with Chris Burris
- IFS Level 2 Training: Deepening and Expanding with Dr. Osnat Arbel & Einat Bronstein
- IFS Level 1 Training with Dr. Osnat Arbel
- Creating Healing Circles, Introduction to IFS in Group Therapy with Chris Burris
- Self-energy and Self-like Parts with Pam Krause
- A Compassionate Approach to Addictive Processes with Internal Family Systems with Cece Sykes & Dr. Richard Schwartz
- Treating Complex Trauma with Internal Family Systems with Dr. Frank Anderson
- IFS, Healing Shame & Shaming with Dr. Martha Sweezy
- IFS as a Spiritual Path with Dr. Richard Schwartz
- IFS and the Enneagram with Joan Ryan
- Compassionate Inquiry meets Internal Family Systems with Dr. Gabor Maté & Dr. Richard Schwartz
- IFS, Exploring Power and Sexuality with Kay Gardner
- Somatic IFS & Chronic Illness with Susan McConnell
- IFS, Critic Camp with Chris Burris
- IFS and Psychedelics with Robert Falconer, Dr. Richard Schwartz, Dr. Michael Mithoefer & Dr. Robert Grant
- IFS and Transcommunities by Shifting Center
- IFS, Compassion for Addictive Processes with Cece Sykes
- IFS, Unattached Burdens and Guides with Robert Falconer
- Somatic IFS Practices Series with Susan McConnell
- IFS and Chronic Pain with Dr. Richard Schwartz
- IFS and Self-led Sexuality with Patricia Rich
- IFS, Trauma and Neuroscience with Dr. Frank Anderson
- IFS and Legacy Burdens and Heirlooms with Dr. Osnat Arbel
- The Self-led IFS Therapist with Dr. Osnat Arbel
- IFS and Couples with Dr. Richard Schwartz
- IFS Online Circle with Dr. Richard Schwartz, Toni Herbine-Blank & Pamela Krause
Individual and relationship coaching is of non-medical nature. This includes in particular help in working through and overcoming social, relational, emotional and individual conflicts, as long as these are not pathological. My coaching offer does not replace medical, psychotherapeutic or psychiatric diagnosis and treatment by a medical doctor, psychotherapist or psychiatrist. Please consult your medical doctor in case of doubt.